Whatever plans you have for this weekend, cancel them immediately, because Udemy is running another sale on game development courses. OK, that might be a little extreme, so maybe you could enhance your weekend plans by sitting down and learning how to code, build a website, or even start learning Japanese? Udemy is having a sale on its courses right now, so you can grab some on the cheap and start learning a skill to improve your life in countless ways.
I personally signed up for the iOS app development course because I’ve been rolling this app idea around in my head forever, and it’s never going to be a reality if I don’t take that first step.
If you want to take your ideas from your head to the real world, here are some courses that can help you out. Note that these discounted prices are apparently expiring 13 hours from now. Sometimes Udemy extends their sales and sometimes they don’t – so wait at your own risk. These sales come around semi-frequently, so we’ll try to let you know when they’re back on, if you can’t bite on them today.
Game Development Classes
Game development is no easy task. There’s a lot that needs to be considered and then carried out between the initial idea and a release candidate. You could go on dreaming about your great game idea, or you could get out there and grab the bull by the horns and start learning to make your dream into a reality. Udemy has a bunch of courses, from beginner to expert, general to specialized.
- Popular pick: Unreal Engine Developer Course: Learn C++ and Make Games – 56 hours of video lectures!
- Learn to Code Making Games: Complete C# Unity Developer
- Learn to Code Making Games: Complete C# Unity Developer 2
- RPG Core Combat Creator: Unity 2017 Compatible in C#
- The Beginner’s Guide to Artificial Intelligence in Unity
- The Ultimate Guide to Game Development With Unity
- Complete Unity and Android Development: Build Games and Apps
Web Development Classes
In the age before social media, if you wanted to have an internet presence, you signed up for GeoCities or a similar free hosting service and hand-coded a personal webpage. Those days are long gone, which is a shame, but there’s still plenty of reasons to learn to build a website. I know a little HTML/CSS and it seriously helps me in a lot of unexpected ways. It’s one of those skills that can make you a more attractive job candidate, or you could use it to go on your own and finally launch your own website.
- Popular pick: Web Developer Boot Camp
- …and Tons More Web Dev Courses
If you’ve been thinking about improving your drawing skills, learning Photoshop, design basics, or something else related to the world of graphic design, there are a whole bunch of courses available to suit your artistic needs. My own Photoshop knowledge consists of a hodgepodge of random keyboard shortcuts I’ve picked up over the years, but if you look at the Pen Tool and want to figure out “why is this a thing?” these courses should be able to point you in the right direction.
- Our pick: Ultimate Photoshop Training: From Beginner to Pro
- Complete Adobe Illustrator Master Class
- Photoshop and Illustrator Speed Illustration Workflow
- Web Design With WordPress
Other Cool Classes to Check Out
Udemy has courses covering more than just computers and design. There are business course, video and photography, and even foreign languages. Want to learn Japanese? Get started right now for twelve bucks.
- Learn Japanese
- Cinematography: Shoot Expert Video on Any Camera